Super Galaxy Squadron is a fast-paced vertical shooter designed for human beings as well as shmup veterans. Featuring multiple game modes, a challenging but merciful difficulty curve, forgiving health system, and seventeen playable ships.
“It’s hard to NOT recommend Super Galaxy Squadron.”
4/5 – Game Rant
“It’s loud, brilliant, and exhilarating in all the right ways.”
8.5/10 – CGM
“It’s a bird, it’s a plane, no it’s a million bullets trying to hit me in the face!”
8.5/10 – ZTGD
ABOUT THIS GAME2438. Eleven years after the First Ceti War. The United Interstellar Federation and a secluded alien race from Tau Ceti are locked in a tense stalemate. Seventeen of the best pilots in the Federation have been recruited to single handedly win the inevitable second war.
Super Galaxy Squadron EX Turbo is an expansion/remaster/one-step-from-a-sequel to 2015's Super Galaxy Squadron, and takes the original game's frantic action and modern accessibility to vastly greater heights. New and returning features include:
- Seventeen ships with unique stats and weapons to suit a variety of playstyles
- Six stages of classic shmup action (and savage bosses) in Arcade Mode
- An infinite onslaught to satisfy your scoring itch in Endless Mode
- The supreme timed challenge of Boss Rush Mode
- A range of difficulty options, from calm and newbie-friendly to basically impossible
- Fully voiced cutscenes for the two people looking for a good story
- New mechanics like Overdrive & Focus that help you kill more things and get more points
- A (nearly) complete graphical overhaul
- Still a whole lot of explosions (like you were ever worried)
Feeling nostalgic, or just want to see what's changed? Super Galaxy Squadron EX Turbo includes the original Super Galaxy Squadron, so load up your smaller, slightly less pretty ship for a trip down (two year old) memory lane. Or don't. It's up to you.